Gridiron Gurus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gridiron Gurus

Fantasy Football Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Commish
Admin
Commish

Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?   Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 pm

I think we definitely have some of these categories covered. More importantly, just be sure you are not the slacker! Granted, many of you are rookies...but from my experience with the returning guys- Chad is The Homer as he will have some players from his favorite squad, Sonny is a bit of the Bad Luck Guy as is Pete (he lead in scoring in a league last year and didn't qualify), Todd is the Manipulator fo sho, Harless does prepare but drafts off the beaten path so I'm labeling him the Wing It guy. As far as the Guzzler, I think many of us drink a few on draft night! Laughing

The Homer
The Homer is going to load up on players from his favorite team. Even if the team stinks he overvalues everyone on that team and takes them way too early each year. On the flip side he will totally avoid players from his team’s rivals – even if they are the smart pick. He is not a bad guy to have in your league – especially if you are playing him on his team’s bye week. Be aware, if his team is the Patriots, Packers or Saints...he could be a threat.

The Guzzler
We’ve all seen this guy. He was probably the first one of your friends to get married and he wants to make the most out of the one day a year his wife lets him have personal time. Getting wasted is his primary goal…and he’s going to be successful, one way or another.
Typically, The Guzzler’s draft may start off strong, but as the booze flows and blood-alcohol level rises, the quality of picks fade. Before long, someone will suggest that The Guzzler drafts Buddy Light, that hotshot rookie and he will oblige. But don’t worry too much about what his roster looks like- he’ll never remember this draft, anyway.

Statistic Manipulator
No matter what decision, discussion or draft pick, he will spout a drone-inducing thesis based on up to 43 statistics. He will barrage you with statistics to back up why YOU should accept a trade from him as if he has mathematically calculated your benefit from said trade and decided to give you an advantage, all out of the kindness of his number-loving heart… be wary. This guy preys on newbies and his own sense of self-satisfaction for knowing the average yards per catch for the 4th string wide receiver on the Detroit Lions.

Wing it Guy
So he picks up a Fantasy Football preview magazine at the store on his way home...on draft night. Funny thing is, the magazine came out in July. This dude always puts out a semi decent team, winning several games in the season because he played the low total team that week. Don't be surprised if he drafts a guy in the later rounds that is out for the half the season due to his tardy magazine.

Sleeper Guy
Every year there are new players that break out suddenly that no one expected. Part of the draft in fantasy football is to snatch up the next big star in the late rounds. But to this guy, every player could be a sleeper. You’re best to just let him scour the depth charts of teams while you stick to players not on the practice squad.

Bad Luck Guy
After the draft, his team looks great on paper. He researches the players, runs mock drafts, watches games throughout the season...may even have draft software to help him succeed. He may lead the league in scoring, but doesn't make the playoffs. If he does make the playoffs, he runs into the buzzsaw the first week and is done. He is prone to the lethal injury that puts him behind the 8 ball for much of the season.

The Rookie/Slacker
Not only does he have little to no football knowledge, he won't log into the site except to submit a lineup. This guys is just happy to be in the league and is not considered a threat at all.
While there’s no chance this guy wins your league- which gives you a better chance of taking the championship- he’s going to be frustrating for not paying attention. Bye week and injured players may be left in his lineup all year and you know he’s going to stumble upon a deep sleeper or two and leave him on his bench all season. Good luck trying to contact him for trades.
Back to top Go down
https://gridirongurus.forumotion.com
1badmofo

1badmofo

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?   Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:36 pm

LOL! I have to agree with the Commish...I am the bad luck guy in the league. Last year my 1st pick was Foster....he was injured and I was beaten to the punch on Tate. The Mad Scientist talked me into giving up Foster by explaining to me that Foster is a lost cause and that he will take his chances on him. I got Tobert and Shaub for Foster. Boy, almost a week or two later Foster is tearing up the NFL. Todd, stay the hell away from me this year. 2 years ago I missed the playoffs by .5 points. Since I have been in this league I have had the injury bug just like McFadden. Anyway, just like at the poker table no one wants to hear a bad beat story so I will stop now. I see my luck changing this year and making the playoffs. I like my draft spot and will acquire a shit load of guys with value for trading purposes. Different year....different player. Peace
Back to top Go down
Nosack"The Mad Scientist"

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?   Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 pm

LOL! I am definately the stats guy. I do more research and have more spreadsheets for Fantasy Football than any other person I know. B2B Superbowl titles makes me feel the effort is worth it! Laughing

I must say Sonny has had the injury bug the last 2 years in a row. 4 or 5 of your starters missed at least 5 games last year.
Sonny, we are bros! I didn't know you were that butt hurt over that trade. Since I am the stats guy and always use them to state my case, I will.
Your draft kinda put you in a bad spot. You only had 2 starting RB's and Foster pulled the hamstring in pre-season and was doubtful to start game 1. He sat out game 1 and re-injured on 1st series in game 2. Was officially ruled out for game 3 already. RB's with hamstring issues can linger all season. No one knew if he when he would be back and how good. Barber was your 3rd RB and he was out the first 4 games also. You were 1 and 1 and going to have to start Carter Delone who had only scored 6 points the 2 previous weeks together. You didn't want to go to 1 and 2 in the standings.
I was 2-0 and I had 5 RB's including 3 starters and could take the risk that Foster would come back sometime in the near future. Bowling Ball (Tolbert) had scored 41 in first 2 games and I added Schuab (5th rd pick)who was a definate upgrade to Cutler, who had struggled. If Tolbert had continued to tear it up and Foster doesn't come back full strength or sat 6-8 weeks, you would have been the happiest guy ever. I kknow that's not how it went, but You just never now.
If I was in your shoes on that day, I would have done the trade in the other direction. Later cheers

1badmofo wrote:
LOL! I have to agree with the Commish...I am the bad luck guy in the league. Last year my 1st pick was Foster....he was injured and I was beaten to the punch on Tate. The Mad Scientist talked me into giving up Foster by explaining to me that Foster is a lost cause and that he will take his chances on him. I got Tobert and Shaub for Foster. Boy, almost a week or two later Foster is tearing up the NFL. Todd, stay the hell away from me this year. 2 years ago I missed the playoffs by .5 points. Since I have been in this league I have had the injury bug just like McFadden. Anyway, just like at the poker table no one wants to hear a bad beat story so I will stop now. I see my luck changing this year and making the playoffs. I like my draft spot and will acquire a shit load of guys with value for trading purposes. Different year....different player. Peace
Back to top Go down
1badmofo

1badmofo

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?   Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey Todd,
I am not all that butt hurt over it, just crying a little bit. It was a fair trade. I am also learning from my mistakes. Therefore, I see myself improving even more this year. Peace
P.S....I will be ready to trade if my draft strategy works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?   Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football Personalities...which are you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gridiron Gurus :: General Smack-
Jump to: